Sunday, January 4, 2009

Not-So Baby Ethan Update

So, just a small update on the family!
Three days ago Tia went under the knife to have an abdominal hernia repaired. Hafter having two somewhat large children, things like this happen! Immediately following her surgery she started going downhill. Severe headaches, severe nauseousness, sever pain...everywhere. She was completely bed ridden for 2 days. Finally at about 3 am yesterday morning, she decided that all this throwing up could threaten the integrity of the repair and the mesh holding everything in place. So her and her stepmom went down to the Valley General Hospital emergency room (I was at work). At 7:30am I get the call that she is going in for a CT Scan. At 8:30, I get another call saying that she is going to be admitted.
She checked herself in at 3am and the first doctor didn't come to see her until, in the evening! FYI, Valley Hospital is the EXACT SAME company as Deaconess. And I think we all know how we feel about Deaconess.
The doctor came in and talked to her for like 6 minutes, he sounded really confused on why she was there and gave us the impression that she didn't even need to be there. We beg to differ! He then, real abruptly, kind of meandered out of the room. In the middle of the conversation. He didn't say good bye, didn't say he'd be back, didn't say he was going to go check something...or whatever. He just didn't say anything...just left. The nurse came in and asked what his thoughts were. We were stumped, he didn't tell us anything! He did mention an OB-GYN consult (not quite sure why). But after the OB did a seriously painful pelvic exam, he determined that she either has cysts on her fallopian tubes, or Pelvic Inflamation Disease contracted from the surgery. He also said that there is a chance she could remain an inpatient for up to 4 days. If the antibiotics are not helping her in 4 days, then another surgery might be in close pursuit. That will mean she will still be inpatient when I start school on Monday...and I still have to juggle everything else. At this point I had to go to bed. It was after 7pm, and I had to get up by 9:15 to leave by 9:30. Yes, I slept at the hospital in my work clothes...eew!
I will know more when I go see her today. The stupid thing about all this is, her hospital is in the Spokane Valley, Ethan's hospital is in downtown Spokane which are probably a good 20 minutes apart in this dumb weather we are having.
In any case...more prayers please!
Take care for now.
- Kip, Tia, Riley, and Baby E -


Alicia said...

I'm sorry. This is all crazy! And hard!

Lil' Chris' Mom said...

Praying for you all and that the doctors get some sense:)

Julie said...

I hope things get better soon. I just read your last post and it sounded very similar to my son, Seamus. He also has a severe pork allergy, as well as milk, soy, and beef. Before they knew about the milk and soy, he had extreme diaper rash. Have they tested Ethan for other allergies?
Seamus also has extremely slow gastric emptying so he had surgery to enlarge the opening between his stomach and intestines and had a g-j tube put in until his stomach healed. Now he just uses the g-tube with Neocate formula which is hypoallergenic and works great.

I hope they find some answers for you soon for both Tia and Ethan.