Monday, February 23, 2009

Baby Ethan Update - 2/14/09

At 5:30 am this morning, I received a call from Tia...she was not sounding too great. She told me that something had happened to Ethan over the night and they were moving him to the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit.

What we were told is that he had a fever of 103, and his BP was dropping. The unit decided to give him IV saline to get his BP back up. Instead of his blood absorbing the saline, his abdominal cavity did. It created pressure on the lower portion of his lungs and cause him to not be able to take full breaths. And that is truly what was happening. He was having a hard time breathing!

So we are siiting here in the PICU just waiting. The doctor has come in and thinks that we could be going back to his room anytime time today. We are not really sure what is wrong...or if anything is even wrong at all.

So, when we know something we will let you all know. Please keep up the prayers, he definately needs it!

Take care for now!

- Kip, Tia, Riley, and Baby E -

No comments: